We offer you a choice of Monsam and Ozark River NSF® portable hand sinks. These hand wash sinks are ideal for food vendors, schools and the hotel and event industry in Nevada, California, Arizona and Utah. The portable hand washing stations we offer are NSF® certified. Each plugs into a dedicated 115 volt receptacle and provides hot water within seconds.
NEVADA: In Las Vegas, your portable hand sinks are required to be equipped with hand soap and paper towels.
CALIFORNIA: In California, the state requires construction company employers to provide hand sinks for employees. Washing stations must be provided so that there is a minimum of one washing station for each twenty employees or fraction thereof.
The basic requirements for washing stations for general sanitation and for hazardous materials in the construction industry are that they:
- Be maintained in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Have an adequate supply of water for effective washing.
- Provide soap or other suitable cleansing agent.
- Provide single-use towels or a warm-air blower.
The washing station must be located so that any time a toilet is used the user can readily wash. The washing station must provide soap and water and, in accordance with Title 8 Section 1524, nonpotable water may not be used for washing.
The amended rule includes special provisions when washing stations are provided in association with portable toilets. These are:
- Provide a sign or equivalent notice indicating that the water is intended for washing.
- Locate the washing station outside of the toilet facility and not attached to it, except on worksites where there are less than 5 employees and only one toilet facility is provided, in which case the washing station may be located inside of the portable toilet room.
The only general exception to the new rules are for employees of mobile crews with readily available transportation to a nearby toilet and washing facility.